In January 2023, Oregon Governor Tina Kotek...
Are you concerned about the escalating crisis of homelessness in Jackson County and beyond? Would you like to better understand the root causes and possible solutions to this complex issue? Do you want to help but have no idea where to start?
OHRA and Architects of the New Paradigm (ANP) are coordinating the Southern Oregon Homelessness Summit, scheduled for Saturday, February 3, at the Ashland Hills Hotel. This pivotal event will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., offering a comprehensive look at the causes of homelessness and housing insecurity in Southern Oregon.
The summit aims to educate and engage community members who are eager to understand the underlying factors contributing to homelessness. It will also highlight the ongoing efforts within the region and state to address this critical issue, showcasing programs that have made a significant impact on those most in need.
We are honored to feature a lineup of esteemed speakers and panelists, including:
– Pam Marsh, Oregon State Representative
– Jason Elzy, Executive Director of the Housing Authority of Jackson County
– Cass Sinclair, Executive Director of OHRA Shelter and Resource Center
– Mary Ferrell, Executive Director of the Maslow Project
– Brian Guiney, Director, US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
– Stacy Brubaker, Director of Human Services, Jackson County
– Linda Reid, Housing Program Specialist, City of Ashland
– Melanie Doshier, Support Services Director, ACCESS
– Barbara Johnson, Executive Director, Community Works
– Libby Gill, Executive Coach, Leadership & Development, Author
– Dennis Slattery, President of the Board, OHRA
Joining them will be eight other distinguished experts, each bringing valuable insights and experience to the discussion.
Tickets for the summit are priced at an accessible $25, which includes a catered lunch. This gathering is more than just an event; it’s a call to action for all of us to become part of a collective solution to a challenge that affects our entire community.
Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with leaders, advocates, and fellow community members committed to making a difference. Together, we can work towards a future where everyone has a place to call home.
– Date: Saturday, February 3
– Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
– Location: Ashland Hills Hotel, Ashland, Oregon
– Ticket Price: $25 (includes lunch)
For tickets and more information, please visit the conference website.
Contact for further information or to schedule an interview:
OHRA Board member
Homelessness touches all facets of our society. Be a part of the change. Join us at the Southern Oregon Homelessness Summit.
Written by OHRA
December 19, 2023
Andy came to OHRA in January 2023 as one of our...
At OHRA, we envision a community where everyone...